Friday, January 25, 2013

Vintage Valentines

Looking for my candy? Click here. Still trying to get to 50 followers  :)

WOO HOO! I won 2 sets of fabulous dies from Astrid Maclean on her FANTASTIC site Astrid's Artistic Efforts. They were in my mail box when I got home from the trip so naturally I had to use them right away, he he. I made a couple more Valentines cards with them. This time vintage. The Creative Goddess, better known as Vicki O'Dell gave us this wonderful Vintage Valentine image. As usual I made two cards with the same image but different looks.

















See the tan fringe above? I won that from the lovely Nikki over at Graphix and Designs a while back. I really love it on this card. It adds just the right softness. The flowers are all Recollections and the paper is as well. I added little pink pearls I picked up at Michael's. Don't know how well you can see it but I used Glossy Accents to make the birds pop a bit.

Speaking of how well you can see it, do my pictures look better lately? We got a new Canon EOS Rebel T3 for Christmas and I think it made a huge difference in the quality of my pics.























The inside has the same Recollections paper, the sentiment is from the Valentines club at Create with TLC.


















I made the stick pin with beads from different strands, Plaid and Bead Landing. See the frosted white one? I bought an extra strand (it has some gold and white beads too) and it will be the next thing up in the candy give away, still holding at 32 for now but I'm hoping for some new followers soon so I can add all the fun items I bought. The ribbon is actually a recycle item. It came off a Christmas gift. The paper is from Recollections again.






















This sentiment was actually an embroidery pattern from Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread. I put it in Paint and colored in the images of the flowers before I printed it.

I distressed all of the die cuts with Tim Holtz inks, Worn Lipstick and Frayed Burlap, to make them appear more vintage. Love those inks! The lace on the front is an Offray ribbon.

So that's my set for today. Hope I've inspired you to make something vintage now. I am entering them in a couple of challenges so we'll see how it goes.

Love ya,
~Deb~

12 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Deb love the vintage birdies :) hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am visiting from the cuddlebug blog. Your cards are just beautiful! Love the whole vintage valentine look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Valentines are beautiful. I love the vintage birdies and the fringe is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. I love the fringe and the stick pin embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. Vintage is such a beautiful way to create. I appreciate all your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are both so stunning.adorable image and i love your beautiful vintage details and colours.
    thanks for joining in our vintage theme at the Crafts and Me Challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi coops and thanks for visiting my blog. I don't so a lot of challenges but this just felt right.

      Delete
  7. Deb, your beautifully colored love birds look fabulous on these pretty cards. Lovin' your use of lace and fluff with your choice of flowers around your dainty shapes too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "vintage" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comments Rose. It was fun to enter your challenge since I don't do it often.

      Delete
  8. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your
    web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a acceptable deal.

    I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

    Have a look at my weblog; tucson medical weightloss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!