Sunday, December 2, 2012

Playing with Buttons

I recently saw a post on Hero Arts and I had to give it a try. It was a card with a button ornament. I made one similar to theirs (it's the purple on in the center of the picture) but decided I didn't really like the way mine turned out. The one they posted was beautiful. Being me, I changed it up and was much happier with the results.

 
On the blue card, I wanted the background to look a little like snow so I used my swiss dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug and then I used TH distress stain in broken china to "wisp" it up. Not only did I highlight the dots but I used the edge of my inker to put small streaks so it looked  like wind blowing snow.
 
The purple card I used Trim Gym's Star paper for the background.
 
On the goldish card I used  a Sizzix embossing folder, textured impressions. and TH Wild Honey distress ink.
 
Most of the buttons were from my stash but i did purchase a few from Wal-mart to fill in where I was short on a color. The ribbon on all three is Offray and is this sheer beautiful texture.


 

 
I wanted the inside to be very simple so I added one embellishment to each and left it at that. The blue has a Studio G ornament sticker, the purple a snowflake flat button with a lavender diamond shaped rhinestone in the center, and the gold has a cute image from Dearie Dolls that I colored and glittered. You know I love her stuff!
 
I must be in an ornament mood because I'm working on some more cards with ornaments. I have the same set of dies that I'm giving away in my candy so I thought I'd make a couple cards for you to see what they turn out like. I'll post those as soon as I finish!
 
Love ya,
~Deb~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!