Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's Almost Halloween!

I figured I should probably post a Halloween card since it IS almost that time. It also happens to be my son's birthday and I don't have the foggiest idea what to get him this year. Suggestions for a 17 year old boy who doesn't drive? Help please! Otherwise it's going to be cash.

So here's the card I created for my daughter to send to her niece. They moved to Washington state so Jen is trying her best to stay in contact. What better way then a cute card for a cute almost 4 year old.

Click on the images to enlarge them.

 
The graphic is from Cuddlebug Cuties and I think it's adorable! I added some glitter on the hat and brew and used a gold gel pen to highlight her dress and the cauldron handle.



The sentiment with the monkey is from Dustin Pike.

Supplies:

Witch Digi - Cuddlebug Cuties
Monkey Digi - Dustin Pike
Recollections CS black, white, olive green
Cuddlebug Embossing folder - Dots
Ribbon - Dollar Tree
Tim Holtz distress ink - Peeled Paint
Jewel embellishments were some earrings I picked up to take apart for this purpose.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Love ya,
~Deb~

10 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Thanks for visiting my blog too. Lain's scrapinar was very informative and it was so nice to meet you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Amy! It's great to make new friends through Lain! I'm sure we'll see each other again. I enjoyed your blog as well!

      Delete
  2. Deb, this is such a cute card! The black background really makes the front pop! That little witch is adorable. It was fun meeting on Lain's webinar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Kristie! I hopped over to all our ne friends blogs after the webinar including yours. lots of fun stuff out there. I enjoyed your blog! See you soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi Deb! Hopping over here from my list of bookmarked blogs from Lain's scrapinar. I have followed your blog too :D Thanks for stopping my site. I love this card, especially when it's so cute and interactive :) Looking forward to see more of your creations ! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pepper, I'm so glad you joined my blog followers! I joined yours too :) it's great to make new friends which is one of the things I love about Lain! Looking forward to spending more time with you soon!

      Delete
  4. gotta love those cuties... and this on is tops! thank you so much for the sweet comment you left at FLOPPY'S.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stef! Hope Floppy's doing OK. Such a stressful time.

      Delete
  5. Cute card! I think any 17 year old would love the cash. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Lain's scrapinar last night was really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, Welcome and thanks for stopping by. Did you sign up for the class?

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!